Orange Marmalade Bread 2
The aroma of this bread, baking in your oven, will bring friends and neighbors
to your door This is a lovely bread, very moist and deeply flavorful.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel (use fruit, juice and peel - remove any large pieces of membrane)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Beat together sugar with egg, add butter, milk sour cream, marmalade and grated
lemon peel and lemon juice and fruit until blended.
- Combine and add the next 4 ingredients
and stir until dry ingredients are just moistened. Do not over-mix.
- Divide batter between 4 greased and lightly floured mini-loaf pans (6 x 3 x 2-inches),
place pans on a cookie sheet, and bake in a 325 degree F oven for 45 to 50 minutes
or until a cake tester, inserted in center, comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes and then remove from pans and continue cooling on
- When cool, brush a thin layer of honey on top.
Yields 4 mini-loaves.
Posted by Olga at Recipe Goldmine 2/6/2002 8:06 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes