Orange Marmalade Pecan Bread
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, milk, marmalade, oil and grated rind; mix
- Add the egg mixture to the dry mixture and stir, just until the dry ingredients
- Stir in the pecans.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center of
the loaf comes out clean.
- Let the baked bread cool in the pan, on a wire rack, for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan; brush the top with melted butter.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.