Orange Pecan Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine dry ingredients in large mixing bowl; add pecans tossing to coat; set
- Combine remaining ingredients and mix. Add to dry ingredients and blend just
until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan which
has been sprayed with vegetable spray.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until bread tests done.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes; turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.
Yield: 1 loaf