Orange Peel Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup orange peel, cut into 1/4 x 1/2-inch strips
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter two loaf pans.
- Place orange peel in suitable saucepan; add water to cover. Boil until tender.
- Add 1 cup sugar; boil to a medium syrup; cool.
- Cream butter, remaining sugar and eggs.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt; add with milk to creamed mixture. Beat with
electric mixer at medium speed for 4 minutes. Remove from mixer bowl.
- Add orange peel and syrup; beat by hand with spoon for at least 1 minutes
until thoroughly mixed.
- Turn into prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes until about half done.
- Turn oven temperature to 300 degrees F. Cut a slit lengthwise in top of loaf.
Finish baking at 300 degrees F.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes