Orange Soda Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- Sift flour, salt, sugar and baking soda into bowl. Make a hole in the center
and pour in buttermilk and orange juice. Mix well.
- Add eggs, raisins and orange rinds. Beat until smooth.
- Knead sticky dough quickly on a well floured board. Shape
into loaf and cut an "X" across top.
- Place in a well greased 9-inch round layer cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 55 minutes, or until knife inserted
in the center comes out clean.
- Drizzle with your favorite glaze.
- Serve warm or cooled.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes