Orange Zucchini Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, squeezed dry
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 eggs or 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 2 tablespoons vanilla sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans.
- In large mixing bowl, mix together the flour , sugar, baking powder, baking soda,
salt and cinnamon.
- Add the oil and zucchini, and mix until it resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Stir together the milk, eggs and orange zest. Add to the flour mixture and stir
until just combined.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Sprinkle with vanilla sugar.
- Bake for 1 hour or until bread tests done with wooden pick.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly and remove from pans. Cool on wire rack until
slightly warm, wrap tightly to store.
Lemon Zucchini Bread: Omit orange zest and cinnamon. Measure the juice of
1 lemon into measuring cup and fill to the one cup level with nonfat milk. Add zest
of 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon lemon extract and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Bake as directed