Peach Pudding Bread
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups baking mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15 ounce) can peaches
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter, set aside.
- Drain peaches; reserve juice.
- Grease a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan.
- Place drained peaches in pan.
- Pour can of sweetened condensed milk over peaches.
- Combine baking mix, cinnamon, vanilla extract, milk and saved juice in a bowl.
Pour over peaches and sweetened condensed milk.
- Add melted margarine. Stir only three times.
- Bake for 15 minutes and score; continue baking for a total of 20 to 25 minutes
or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold with vanilla ice cream.
Source: Winner of the Betty Crocker Food for the Soul Contest 2000