Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups coarsely mashed bananas (about 3-4)
- In a medium bowl, combine flours, peanuts, wheat germ, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Beat eggs in large bowl. Add sugar; beat until creamy. Add peanut butter, oil and vanilla extract; beat well. Add banana, beat 1 minute.
- Stir in dry ingredients until blended.
- Spray two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- Divide batter equally between pans; tap on counter to settle batter.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 55 to 65 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Turn out onto rack; cool completely.
- Slice 32 slices when cool.
Start to finish: 1 hr | Serving Size: 2.2 ounces (1 slice)
Nutrition information per serving: Calories: 212 Calories from Fat: 81 Fat: 9g Trans fats: 0g Cholesterol: 23mg Carbohydrate: 29g Protein: 5g Fiber: 2g Sodium: 253mg
Recipe and photo used with permission from: National Peanut Board