As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup seedless raisins
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 2 cups dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups ripe persimmon pulp
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Butter for pans
- Flour for pans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Plump raisins in brandy and set aside.
- Mix together the sugars with persimmon pulp and oil.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together the dry ingredients and add to egg mixture, blending well.
- Add raisins and walnuts.
- Pour into 4 buttered and floured 7-inch loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack.
Makes 1 (9-inch) loaf.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes