Pina Colada Bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups oil
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice, drained from crushed pineapple
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained well
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia or other nuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour well two 7 x 4-inch loaf pans.
- Beat eggs slightly.
- Stir in oil and sugar.
- Add extracts, pineapple juice and orange zest.
- In a separate bowl, soft together flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Add
to egg mixture and mist just until ingredients are moistened.
- Gently stir in crushed pineapple, coconut, maraschino cherries and nuts. Do not
stir too much or bread will be heavy.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing.