Pineapple-Banana Rum Bread
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 1/2 cup dried pineapple, diced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 extra large egg
- 2 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Liberally grease a 9-inch loaf pan. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the rum and pineapple in a bowl and let sit, covered for at least one hour.
- In the bowl of a mixer (or by hand), beat together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and continue beating until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides of
the bowl as necessary.
- Add the bananas and beat in, mixing well.
- Beat in the yogurt; do not be alarmed if mixture curdles.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg,
allspice and salt. Add to the bowl and mix until well blended.
- Drain the pineapple and fold in the pecans.
- Transfer batter to a 9-inch loaf pan and bake for 45 to
55 minutes or until the bread passes the wooden pick test.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes, before turning out
on a rack to cool.
Per serving: 248 calories, 7.8 grams fat
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.