Pineapple-Banana Rum Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup white rum
- 1/2 cup dried pineapple, diced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 extra large egg
- 2 large very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Liberally grease a 9-inch loaf pan. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the rum and pineapple in a bowl and let sit, covered for at least one hour.
- In the bowl of a mixer (or by hand), beat together the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and continue beating until light and fluffy, scraping down the sides of
the bowl as necessary.
- Add the bananas and beat in, mixing well.
- Beat in the yogurt; do not be alarmed if mixture curdles.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg,
allspice and salt. Add to the bowl and mix until well blended.
- Drain the pineapple and fold in the pecans.
- Transfer batter to a 9-inch loaf pan and bake for 45 to
55 minutes or until the bread passes the wooden pick test.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it sit for 10 minutes, before turning out
on a rack to cool.
Per serving: 248 calories, 7.8 grams fat
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes