Pineapple Upside-Down Gingerbread
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons plus 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 pineapple slices
- 8 maraschino cherries
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup hot water
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in 8-inch square metal baking pan.
- Add 4 tablespoons brown sugar and mix to combine.
- Place drained pineapple slices and cherries in a design on the sugar mixture in the pan.
- Stir together the melted butter and the remaining 6 tablespoons brown sugar.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, spices and salt.
- Combine molasses and water. Add alternately with dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Pour the batter over fruit in the pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
Makes about 9 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes