Pistachio Pudding Bread
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box Betty Crocker super moist sour cream white cake mix*
- 1 small box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup drained, cut-up maraschino cherries
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well and flour two 8 x 4 inch loaf pans.
- In a 3 quart mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pistachio pudding mix, nutmeg and pecans. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the eggs, oil, buttermilk and cherries. Mix by hand until just moistened.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until bread tests done; cool and remove bread from pans.
* 18.25 ounce boxes of cake mix have been replaced by 15.25 ounce boxes. To compensate for the volume loss, whisk 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour into the dry cake mix before proceeding with the recipe.
For best flavor, wrap cooled bread in plastic wrap and foil and freeze for one week.