- 3/4 cup prune juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pitted prunes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Combine prune juice and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat, and stir in prunes and butter. Cool mixture to lukewarm.
- Stir in egg and vanilla extract.
- Combine flour and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; add prune mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured* 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 50 to 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool on a wire rack.
* For best results, use our Pan Release!