- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup black walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 to 2 tablespoons light cream
* If pumpkin pie spice is not available, use 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon
nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon each of ginger and cloves.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Grease bottom and sides of 9 x 5-inch loaf pan. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bread: Combine flour with baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Cream butter in large mixing bowl.
- Gradually add sugar and cream at high speed of mixer until light and fluffy.
- Blend in eggs; beat well. Turn mixer to low speed and add dry ingredients,
alternating with pumpkin. Begin and end with dry ingredients; blend well after each
- Stir in chocolate morsels and 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts.
- Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Bake for 65 to 75 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched in center.
- Cool, then glaze with Spicy Glaze.
- Spicy Glaze: Combine confectioners' sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Blend in
cream until the consistency desired (should be thin).
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes