Quick Cranberry Nut Bread
Prep: 10 min | Bake: 1 hr 15 min | Yield: 1 loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 (14 ounce) can Ocean Spray® Whole
- Berry Cranberry Sauce
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small mixing bowl; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter with sugar in a medium mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add egg; mix well.
- Break up cranberry sauce with a fork and add to the butter mixture.
- Add nuts.
- Add dry ingredients to the cranberry mixture, mixing just until the dry ingredients are moist.
- Spread batter evenly into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. If bread begins to brown too quickly, loosely cover with foil and continue to bake until bread tests done.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: