- 2 cups white or dark raisins
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup broken nuts
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Mix raisins, water and baking soda in saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Cool overnight in refrigerator.
- Combine with remaining ingredients.
- Grease three (1 pound) coffee cans and pour
batter into them, filling cans slightly over half full.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees F.
- Slice immediately or cool and freeze.