Raisin Casserole Bread
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter , melted
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Mix first 5 ingredients in bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix only until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon into 2 greased 1-quart casseroles and smooth tops.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 minutes.
- Loosen edges and turn out on racks to cool.
Bread can be frozen if desired. This bread is also good toasted.