Raspberry Banana Bread
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries*
* If using frozen, include 1/4 cup raspberry juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift flour, baking powder and soda together in medium size bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend the shortening and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Alternately add flour mixture and bananas. Mix until smooth.
- Carefully fold in raspberries.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes then invert on rack.
- Serve spread with cream cheese.
Makes 1 loaf.