Raspberry Almond Swirl Bread
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal (ground almonds)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup raspberry preserves
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, almond meal, sugar, baking powder and
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, vegetable oil, buttermilk, vanilla and
almond extracts until well combined. Pour into flour mixture and stir until just
combined and no streaks of dry ingredients remain.
- Place raspberry preserves in a small bowl and stir until smooth. Take 2/3 cup
of batter and add to preserves. Stir until well combined.
- Pour about half of plain batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Pour raspberry batter on top.
- Dollop raspberry batter
with remaining plain batter. Take a butter knife and swirl gently through batter.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes
out with only moist crumbs attached.
- Turn loaf out onto wire rack to cool before slicing.