Rocky Mountain Apple Bread
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium-size tart green apples, such as Newton Pippin
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, buttermilk, mayonnaise and vanilla extract
- In another bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
Add to egg mixture and stir just until combined.
- Core apples and chop. Add to batter with raisins and nuts; stir just to mix.
- Spread batter evenly in 2 greased and floured 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 375 degrees F until a slender wooden pick inserted in the center
comes out clean, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Let bread cool in pans on a rack for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a rack to
Makes 2 loaves, 1 3/4 pounds each.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.