Round Raisin Nut Bread
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- Dash of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped English walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 4 to 6 empty clean soup or vegetable cans
and line with wax paper.
- Combine raisins, water and baking soda in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil.
When mixture begins to foam, remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla extract. Add raisin
mixture, alternating with flour.
- Stir in nuts. Pour into prepared cans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until top springs back when touched.
- Allow to cool slightly, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Run a knife between the can and the wax paper to loosen bread and turn out.
Yield: 4 to 6 mini loaves