Rum Glazed Fruit Bread
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 small can crushed pineapple
- 1 (8 ounce) jar drained and chopped maraschino cherries
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Rum Sauce or Glaze
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease a tube pan and dust lightly with flour.
- Bread: Mix sugar, bananas, eggs, pineapple and cherries. Combine with oil.
- Combine flour, salt and soda and stir into first mixture.
- Add nuts and vanilla extract, then mix well. Pour dough evenly into the pan.
- Bake for one hour and 45 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Rum Sauce or Glaze: In a saucepan, combine ingredients, bring to a boil and boil
for three or four minutes. Pour half of the glaze over the cake while still in the
- Let cool, then turn cake onto plate and pour remaining glaze over the top.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.