Rum Sour Cream Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons rum
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts or pecans, chopped
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat until light.
- Add rum, sour cream and almond extract.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add alternately with bananas to egg mixture.
- Add nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 60 to 70 minutes depending on size of loaf pans.