Simply Delicious Banana Bread
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 10 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans or more, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans.
- Bread: Cream butter and sugar.
- Mash bananas.
- Beat 2 eggs and add to bananas with vanilla
extract and buttermilk. Mix well and add to creamed butter and sugar.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to banana mixture and beat well.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes until bread pulls away from sides of pan. Cool.
- Topping: Melt butter in saucepan. Add sugar and milk. Cook until very syrupy.
Remove from heat and add chopped pecans. Pour over bread, spreading to all corners
and place under broiler until brown and bubbly. WATCH CLOSELY. DO NOT LET BURN!