Sour Cream Gingerbread
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 2/3 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan, and sprinkle with
- Cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy; beat in molasses.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt and ground ginger.
- Add sifted dry ingredients
alternately with sour cream, beating after each addition.
- Pour gingerbread batter
into prepared pan, and sprinkle top with more granulated sugar
- Bake gingerbread for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Serve gingerbread warm or cold with whipped cream, lemon sauce or other dessert