Sticky Lemon Bread
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) carton lemon low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Bread: Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed
of mixer, until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Add egg substitute, lemon rind and vanilla extract; beat until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- With mixer at low speed,
add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan coated with baking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for
55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Glaze: Combine sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan; bring to a boil,
and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Pierce top of bread several times with a meat fork. Pour sugar mixture over bread;
cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.
Yield: 16 servings; serving size: 1 1/2-inch slice
Calories 177 (23% from fat)/ Protein 2.6 g Fat 4.6 g Sat. fat .9gSodium
142mg Iron .8mg