Strawberries 'n' Cream Bread
Strawberries are the star in a quick bread flavored with brown sugar and oats.
A bit of sweet cream cheese swirl gives an extra little flavor punch.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 6 ounces strawberries, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a standard loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and mix well.
- Gradually mix in flour mixture.
- Stir in strawberries.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth.
Add to bread mixture, stirring only 4-5 turns until streaked with cream cheese mixture.
- Transfer batter to prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack before slicing.
Yield: 1 (9 x 5-inch) loaf
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): American Butter Institute
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes