This Strawberry Bread can be made using fresh or frozen strawberries.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil*
- 2 cups fresh strawberries or 16 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 1/4 cups chopped walnuts
- In large bowl, combine first five ingredients.
- Add eggs and vegetable oil and mix well.
- Stir in strawberries and nuts until evenly distributed. (You can mash
the strawberries first for a more even consistency or leave them whole for large
pieces in the finished bread.)
- Grease and flour two 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pans.
- Divide batter between pans and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out on wire
rack. Cool completely before slicing.
Makes two loaves.
* If you feel that there is too much oil in this, you can use the Baker's
Secret oil substitute. It works just as well as the oil without the added fat.
From the kitchen of Julie K. - Olympia, Washington.