Strawberry Jam Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pans.
- Combine flour, salt, cream of tartar and baking soda; set aside.
- Combine sugar, butter, vanilla extract and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl;
cream until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir together jam and buttermilk; add to creamed mixture alternately with dry
ingredients, mixing just until blended.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until bread tests done.
- Cool for 15 minutes; remove from pans onto cooling racks.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes