Strawberry Nut Bread with Strawberry Butter
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 3 cups chopped strawberries
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries, thawed and drained (can use fresh strawberries)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9-inch loaf pans.
- Bread: In a large bowl, combine the flour and baking soda; stir until the baking soda
is well distributed. Add the cinnamon and sugar, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla extract, vegetable oil and lemon
zest. Spoon the berries into the liquid ingredients and stir gently to coat them.
Add the mixture in batches to the dry ingredients, incorporating by hand. Fold in
the nuts. Pour the batter into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Allow the loaves to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a rack.
Do not slice until ready to serve.
- Strawberry Butter: Mix ingredients in blender until smooth. Refrigerate.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes