Sweet Avocado Bread
Sweet Avocado Bread is a delicious treat any time of the day. Try spreading
cream cheese on the slices. This is a somewhat different way to use avocados.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 avocados, mashed
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, spices and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy. Add sugar, and
continue beating until well blended.
- Stir in oil, vanilla extract, avocados and lemon zest. Stir in sifted
ingredients and walnuts, if using. Pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out
- Remove loaves from pans and cool.
Prep time: 15 min | Cook time: 50 min | Yield: 16 servings
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
California Avocado Commission. This
recipe was submitted by a consumer.