Sweet Potato Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Peel and cube potatoes. Cook, covered, in boiling water until tender. Drain,
reserving 2/3 cup cooking water. Mash potatoes; set aside (you should have 2 cups).
- Combine flour, baking soda and spices in an extra-large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Combine eggs, oil, sugar, sweet potatoes and reserved cooking water in another
mixing bowl. Stir into flour mixture until well combined.
- Stir in pecans and raisins.
- Divide mixture evenly among three greased 8 x 4- or 7 1/2 x 3 1/2-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour; cover with foil the last 10 minutes to prevent
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans; cool completely.
- Wrap and store overnight before serving.
Makes 3 loaves.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes