Sweet Potato Pecan Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mace
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped dates or raisins
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
- Grease bottom of a loaf pan approximately 9 x 5 x 3-inches.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, salt and spices in mixing bowl; stir in the
sugar, pecans, and raisins or dates.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, applesauce, milk, and mashed sweet potatoes;
stir to blend well.
- Add wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix with a large
spoon just until the mixture is moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until wooden pick inserted
in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and continue cooling on wire rack.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes