Taffy Apple Bread
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 (14 ounce bag) caramels
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 3 peeled Granny Smith apples, cored and chopped
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans; set aside.
- Unwrap the caramels and, using scissors, cut each into eight pieces. Toss with
1 tablespoon of the flour in a small bowl to prevent them from sticking together;
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- In another bowl, stir together the remaining flour, cinnamon and allspice.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and blend well.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the apples and caramel pieces.
- Divide evenly between the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes to 1 hours and 20 minutes or until a wooden pick
inserted into the centers comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack and then remove from pans.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 3663 calories; 216g fat (52.9% calories
from fat); 75g protein; 357g carbohydrate; 21g dietary fiber; 1619mg cholesterol;
Exchanges: 19 grain (starch); 4 1/2 lean meat; 4 fruit; 39 1/2 fat
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes