Very Cherry Nut Bread
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup maraschino cherries, well drained, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup almonds, chopped
- Lightly grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan and set aside. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, stir together flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking
powder and salt.
- In small bowl, stir together egg, milk, cooking oil and almond extract until
- Add egg mixture to dry mixture all at once. Stir until just moistened.
- Fold in the maraschino cherries and chopped almonds.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden wooden pick inserted
near center comes out clean.
- Cool in loaf pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Remove loaf from pan. Cool completely on the wire rack.
- Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
Source: Midwest Living Magazine, August 1998
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes