Walnut Fudge Bread
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
- Toast walnuts on a baking sheet for 3 to 5 minutes or until fragrant. Cool.
- Melt chocolate by microwaving on MEDIUM for 25-second intervals, stirring in
between, until smooth. Cool.
- Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix in cooled chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir buttermilk and vanilla extract together.
- Add flour and buttermilk alternately to chocolate mixture.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Divide batter between the two prepared pans.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes,
or until a knife or wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pans for 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool on a wire rack.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes