As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 cup either sour milk or buttermilk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square pan. Set aside.
- Put dry ingredients into a food processor. Mix thoroughly.
- Add butter cut into
slices. Mix until fine crumbs form. Remove 1 cup of the dry mixture and reserve
- Mix egg and sour milk together and add through feed tube.
- Spread the batter in the pan. Smooth the batter, and top with reserved crumb
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the cake tests done.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Quick Sweet Bread Recipes