Black Raspberry Buttermilk Scones
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup black raspberry jam
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Make the dough: Place the flours, baking powder and salt in the bowl of
a food processor fitted with a metal blade and pulse until combined.
- Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add the buttermilk and zest and pulse until the dough is just combined.
- Shape the scones: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place an 18-inch sheet of parchment paper on a work surface and sprinkle
it lightly with flour. Transfer the dough to the paper and, with floured hands,
gently press the dough into a 12-inch square; the dough should be about 3/4
inch thick. Cut out two six-inch circles, reshape the remaining dough into a
3/4-inch-thick square, and cut out one more 6-inch circle.
- Gather the remaining scraps and form into one final 6-inch circle. Place
1/4 cup of jam on two of the circles. Top each with the remaining dough rounds
and pinch the sides shut. Using a knife, score the top of each scone with a
large cross marking 4 quadrants. Sprinkle the tops with sugar.
- Transfer scones to the prepared pan and bake until golden, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Split or cut on the score lines.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Based on individual serving: Calories: 197 Total Fat: 11.8 g Cholesterol:
31.6 mg Sodium: 225 mg Carbohydrates: 20.4 g Fiber: .6 g
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Scone Recipes