Candied Ginger, Cherry and Pineapple Scones
These are best served with Devonshire
- 3 cups all-purpose or pastry flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons shortening
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger
- 1/4 cup candied pineapple
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- Heavy cream (optional)
- Granulated sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8-inch cake pans.
- Blend the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut the butter and shortening into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter
or two forks until the fats are about the size of large peas.
- Add the heavy cream 1/2 cup at a time until just blended.
- Fold in the ginger, pineapple and cherries. Do not over-mix.
- Spread the batter evenly into the cake pans. Brush top of batter with a
little heavy cream and sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the tops of the scones are golden brown.
- Cut into wedges.
Per serving: 225 calories (percent of calories from fat, 52), 3 grams protein,
24 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram fiber, 14 grams fat (7 grams saturated), 33 milligrams
cholesterol, 282 milligrams sodium
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Scone Recipes