Cheddar Dinner Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, cut into
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded extra sharp Cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease cookie sheet.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Blend in butter with fingers until
mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Lightly beat egg and milk. Stir in, along with cheese, just until blended.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface (dough will be sticky). Working with
half the dough at a time, pat into a 5-inch round, about 1 inch high. Score dough
to mark 6 wedges, but do not separate.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- Serve warm or cool on rack.
Per scone: 190 cal., 6g pro., 19g carb., 10g fat, 30mg chol., 330mg sod.