Make up this cheesy scone recipe and pop in the oven first thing in the morning
for a warm mid morning snack!
- 8 ounces self-rising flour (225g)
- 2 ounces pure Irish butter (55 g)
- 1 ounce mature Irish cheddar cheese, grated (25g)
- 5 ounces milk (150ml)
- pinch of salt (optional)
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees F/220 degrees C/Gas Mark 7. Lightly grease a baking
- Mix together the flour (and salt) and rub in the butter.
- Stir in the cheese and then the milk to get a soft dough.
- Turn on to a floured work surface and knead very lightly. Pat out to a round
3/4-inch/2cm thick. Use a 2-inch/5cm cutter to stamp out rounds and place on the
- Lightly knead together the rest of the dough and stamp out more scones to use
it all up.
- Brush the tops of the scones with a little milk.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until well risen and golden.
- Cool on a wire rack.
Prep time: less than 30 min | Cooking time: 10 to 15 min | Yield: 8-12 scones