Cherry-Chocolate Chip Scones
Mix up a little Bisquick® mix with whipping cream, egg and extras like chips
and fruit, and you'll have melt-in-your-mouth coffee shop scones.
- 2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dried cherries
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup whipping (heavy) cream
- 1 egg
- About 1 tablespoon milk
- About 1 tablespoon decorator sugar crystals
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease cookie sheet with shortening or cooking
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, cherries, chocolate chips, granulated
sugar, whipping cream and egg until soft dough forms.
- Place dough on surface sprinkled with Bisquick mix; gently roll in Bisquick
mix to coat. Shape into ball; knead 10 times. Pat dough into 8-inch circle on
- Brush dough with milk; sprinkle with sugar crystals. Cut into
8 wedges, but do not separate.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown; carefully separate wedges.
- Serve warm.
Substitution: Pick your favorite fruit! Dried apricots, cranberries and blueberries
are great stand-ins for the dried cherries.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Scone) Calories 250 (Calories from Fat
90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 4 1/2g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 40mg; Sodium
380mg; Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 16g), Protein 4g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker/© 2010 ®/TM General Mills
>> Scone Recipes