Chocolate Almond Scones
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cold sweet butter
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Cut in butter until it resembles course meal.
- Add 3 eggs ( reserving 1), almond extract and cream. Stir until a soft dough
- Add chocolate chips and almonds.
- Pat out on a lightly floured surface 3/4-inch thick. Cut into wedges and brush
with the reserved egg( beaten).
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine May 24, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Scone Recipes