Cinnamon Bun Scones
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Quaker® Oats, quick or old fashioned, uncooked
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter or margarine, chilled and cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup whole or 2% milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons Tropicana Pure Premium® orange juice, Dole® 100% orange juice or milk
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, baking powder
and salt; mix well.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles
- In small bowl, combine milk, egg and vanilla; blend well. Add to dry ingredients
all at once; stir with fork or rubber spatula until dry ingredients are moistened.
- In small bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar with the
pecans and cinnamon; mix well. Sprinkle evenly over dough in bowl; gently stir
batter to swirl in cinnamon mixture (do not blend completely.)
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupsful 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack; cool for 5 minutes.
- In small bowl, combine powdered sugar and enough orange juice for desired
consistency; mix until smooth. Drizzle over top of warm scones.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 12 scones
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Scone Recipes