Cinnamon Coffee Scones
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup strong, brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup golden raisins or chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Extra milk and sugar for toppings
- Stir together the flour, cinnamon and sugar.
- Cut the butter into tablespoon pieces and blend with the pastry blender or two
knives into the dry mixture. (Butter pieces should be the size of small peas.)
- Mix together the eggs, coffee, and milk. Stir into the dry mixture to form a
- Stir in the fruit and nuts.
- Turn dough out onto a floured board and
gently pat into a circle of dough about 1/2 inch thick. Cut out rounds with floured
biscuit cutter and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Gently brush tops with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degrees F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Scone Recipes