Cinnamon Walnut Scones
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 4 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Combine eggs and cream. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface. Gently pat into a 7-inch circle, 3/4 inch thick.
Cut into 8 wedges. Separate wedges, then place on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush with buttermilk. Let rest for 15 minutes.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Scone Recipes