Cranberry Scones 3
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Sunsweet Lighter Bake
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) carton low fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries*
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Coat baking sheets with cooking spray; set aside. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add Lighter Bake and margarine and mix with fork or fingertips until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in yogurt; add cranberries.
- Shape dough into a ball. On floured surface, pat out to a 9-inch circle. Cut
into 12 equal wedges using a sharp knife that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
Arrange on baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Brush with egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 12 scones.
* Dried cranberries, blueberries, raisins, currants or any chopped dried fruit
may be substituted for the fresh or frozen cranberries.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Scone Recipes