- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Grand Marnier to cover cranberries
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons cold butter,
cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Marinate the cranberries in the Grand Marnier overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Using your
fingers, rub the butter into the flour mixture until the texture is sandy. Stir
in the cranberries.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the cream and sugar, stirring
until the sugar is dissolved.
- Mix the flour and the cream together lightly.
dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll each half out to a circle 1/4 inch thick.
Cut each circle into four wedges. Place wedges 1 inch apart on a greased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and water and brush over wedges.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes 8 scones.
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine 12/20/2001 5:27 pm.