Cream Cheese Apricot Scones
Moist and light scones flecked with apricot.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package Challenge Cream
Cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/3 cup chopped dried
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a food processor
bowl with steel blade and blend for 8 seconds (or whisk together in a large
- Cut cream cheese into flour mixture and by pulsing 8 times with food processor
(or use a pastry cutter), until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Whisk egg with milk. Add egg mixture to dry mix in food processor reserving
about one tablespoon. Pulse just until dough comes together (or create a well
in dry ingredients, add egg mixture and stir just until moistened). Stir in
- Turn dough onto floured surface and pat into 8-inch circle, approximately
1/2 to 3/4- inch thick. Cut into 8 wedges (or cut 8 rounds with 3-inch biscuit
cutter) and place on a parchment lined or buttered baking sheet.
- Brush with reserved egg mixture.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm and spread with lots of Challenge Butter.
15 min Cook Time
Cream cheese scones are moister and lighter and over-mixing is much less
of a problem.
Source: Challenge Home Economist
Reprinted with permission from